Our Goals & Ambitions
We recognise that we are mid-pandemic and as such our current goals are focused on the sector’s protection and recovery. This work is being led by the ABCD Plan for Cultural Recovery.
- Support the city’s Cultural Recovery Plan. Read the latest report.
- Produce a city freelancer report documenting the impact of the pandemic. Read.
- Continue to deliver a local Arts, Health & Wellbeing conference. Watch here.
- Continue to undertake a citywide Public Arts Strategy consultation: watch films. Complete our survey.
- Create a leading inclusivity model for culture. Developing a best practice co-production model between neighbourhoods and local venues.
- Be the best place in Britain to be a creative freelancer. Creating an inclusive sector, with capacity for leadership support.
- Become a Centre of Excellence for the use of culture in promoting wellbeingvia a Pay it Forward for Culture initiative linked to social prescribing.
- Step up as the regional capital of creative productivity and create a robust Public Arts strategy. Championing innovation.
- Be an irresistible magnet for creatives, visitors and investors. Be the best home for creative Small-Medium Enterprises in the UK.
The Cultural Framework ambitions were established via an extensive citywide consultation process. You can read the written documentation produced here.
The Framework Strands
Governance Group, Enliven Brighton, The Engine Room, The Creative Communities Network, Arts, Health & Wellbeing, Our Inclusion Charter.