Our Inclusion Charter
The Cultural Framework has at its heart a commitment by the creative and cultural sector to cultural, ethnic and social pluralism in their organisations’ practices, processes and policies. This is expressed through a voluntary Inclusivity Charter, which organisations can adopt.
The first draft of the Brighton & Hove Cultural Inclusivity Charter is below.
Actively promote the importance of reflecting a diversity of life experiences in our:
- Governing body
- Artistic practice (including learning & participation practice)
- Employment practice
- Audience development activities
- Internal and external communications
- Respect the diversity of life experiences of our staff team
- Encourage dialogue within the organisation, and with our partners, audiences and funders about the importance of plurality in society
- Report annually on what we have done, and the difference it has made to our customers/communities, artists and staff