The Brighton & Hove Arts & Creative Industries Commission exists to support our sector: to champion our strengths and advocate for the central role we play in the city’s life and its economy.
The Commission supports the delivery of the Cultural Framework, a document written by the city to:
- Enable residents (especially those furthest from opportunities) to develop, produce, participate in and benefit from cultural activities.
- Support artists, creatives and cultural organisations to develop their practice, businesses, reach and reputation.
- Articulate Brighton & Hove’s distinctive cultural offer for residents, visitors, investors and businesses.
- Provide a foundation to develop a more strategic partnership approach to public art/public realm and heritage.
- Create cases for partnership investment and links to economy strategy.
Andrew Comben – CEO, Brighton Dome & Brighton Festival
Liz Whitehead – Director, Fabrica
Donna Chisholm – Assistant Director, Brighton & Hove City Council
Branwen Lorigan – Arts Development Manager, Brighton & Hove City Council
Alistair Hill – Director, Public Health
Jane McMorrow – Director, Creative Futures
Richard Freeman – CEO, always possible
Laura McDermott – Creative Director, Attenborough Centre for the Creative Arts
Alex Bailey – Chief Executive, Adur & Worthing Councils
David Sheppeard – The Marlborough Theatre
Nicole Monney – The Hangleton & Knoll Project
Naomi Alexander – Artistic Director, Brighton People’s Theatre
Dom Bailey – Strategic Director, Baxter & Bailey
Jenni Lewin-Turner – Director, Urbanflo Creative