Key Duties & Responsibilities
· Delivery of an integrated marketing strategy for Brighton Fringe 2024 and managing the marketing budget to ensure all activities are delivered within budget, reducing costs wherever possible.
· Ensure all marketing and communications are on brand and all brand guidelines are followed across the organisation’s activities.
· Plan, develop and manage the festival’s print production, including design, content, print and distribution, in liaison with the Artist Services Manager.
· Maintain and develop partnerships that support the delivery of marketing activities, both via the delivery of sponsorship packages and in-kind partnerships.
· Ability to work up to six days a week, including some evenings and weekends during the live festival.
· Implement all the organisation’s policies and procedures such as the equalities policy and ensure this underpins all other practices, policies and procedures.
Communications & Press
· Develop and manage, in liaison with other staff as required, year-round PR initiatives and events to further raise the profile of Brighton Fringe locally, nationally and internationally.
· Write and distribute regular press releases for the press and manage press recommendations and press packs.
· Develop and maintain relationships with journalists and members of the press to encourage coverage of Brighton Fringe and its events in local, national and international media.
· Represent Brighton Fringe during press events or on television and radio.
· Work with the wider Brighton Fringe team to develop and execute events including launches, press launches, awards and any other relevant events.
· Ensure marketing plans for such events are effectively executed and well attended.
Digital Marketing & Web
· Develop and execute an effective social media strategy including coverage across Facebook, Instagram, X (Twitter), Tik Tok and Linked In.
· Develop and execute and effective email campaign strategy using Octopus Email alongside campaigns to increase our database size.
· Work with our partner Trapeze Media to deliver a successful Google Ads strategy.
· Improve and maintain the Brighton Fringe website, including developing and effective SEO strategy.
· Ensure timely and accurate reporting to the Board as required.
· Manage marketing budgets to ensure best value is achieved at all times.
· Manage the evaluation process for audiences and marketing partnerships.
· Excellent communication skills alongside strong copywriting skills.
· Demonstrable skills in social media content creation.
· Excellent organisational and administration skills, including ICT skills, especially Adobe Creative Suite.
· Experience in planning and delivering email marketing strategies.
· Ability to network and develop relationships with members of the press and media.
· Ability to work accurately under pressure and to meet deadlines and the availability to travel and to work flexible hours when required.
· Ability to work independently or as part of a team when required.
· Experience of managing and working within very small teams or organisations.
· Experience of planning and executing events.
· Experience of WordPress websites.
· Knowledge of, or interest in, the festival/arts sector, within Brighton & Hove area.
· Knowledge of SEO strategy and Google Ads/Analytics.
· Experience in print design and distribution.