APPLICATION DATES & DEADLINES
Our grants are now open. The deadline for applications is 30th September 2023. If this is your first time applying, please use the link at the bottom of this page to register. If you are a previous applicant please log in and you will see the application form at the bottom of this page.
NB: Due to the volume of applications we receive, we regret that we are unable to provide feedback if your application is unsucessful.
We accept applications for projects across all aspects of the arts and heritage. We particulary encourage applications for projects that provide access to the arts to those that would not normally have access to them.
We encourage arts projects or programmes that support a wide range of activities to introduce people of all ages and backgrounds to and engage them in, artistic experience and practice. Projects and programmes that further the development and training of skills in the arts, crafts and heritage are welcome. We believe that people of all ages can benefit from acquiring and honing their creative and heritage skills. This might include bursaries for individual students, and sponsorship for craft apprentices.
The work of regional and local museums and galleries is important in connecting people with their local heritage and arts; yet these institutions often struggle to raise funds for projects and internships during times of budget cuts. Our grants may support special projects, displays, internship or part-time posts, training and conservation activities. We will also consider applications involving regional and local theatres and performing arts spaces and groups.
We welcome applications where there will be more emphasis on localism and projects and organisations that support the arts and heritage at grass roots level and achieve greater impact for local communities.
WHAT WE FUND
The proposed project needs to fulfil the charitable objectives of The Arts Society and be given in The Arts Society name.
- Make a difference to people’s lives
- Be viable and sustainable
- Be well managed
- Be related to the Arts, Crafts, Heritage or Conservation.
- Have a robust budget.
- Demonstrate sound financial management.
- Include publicity for The Arts Society
- Be documented, tracked and reported back to The Arts Society.
WHAT WE DON’T FUND
- Organisations that are not UK Registered Charities.
- Capital expenditure (including staff costs).
- Core costs.
- Projects that have already started/ completed.
- We do not fund charities with a turnover greater than £3 Million.
- Non-compliance with application procedures.
- Please note, reserves will be taken into account. The Charity Commission defines reserves as “that part of a charity’s income funds that is freely available”.
- Schools – Primary, Secondary and 6th Form. This includes parent-teacher associations and friends of organisations. NB – Our member Societies may be able to fund schools arts projects. Please click here to find your nearest Society.
- Applications above £3000.
- We do not accept applications from individuals.
- Repeat applications (we kindly ask all successful applicants to wait a year before reapplying).
NB – Due to the volume of applications we receive we regret that we are unable to provide feedback or enter into correspondence if your application is not successful.