Community Coordinator – Multiple Locations across the U.K.
The World Reimagined is a ground-breaking, national art education project to transform how we
understand the Transatlantic Slave Trade and its impact on all of us.
The World Reimagined will see trails of large Globe sculptures in cities across the UK in May-July of 2022,
created by artists to bring to life the reality and impact of the Transatlantic Slave Trade. The trails will be
the centre of a broader learning and engagement programme – with hundreds of schools, community
groups, sporting and cultural institutions taking part across the country.
To make this vision happen we are recruiting committed and connected community coordinators across
our host cities to work with organisations and individuals who are committed to fighting for racial justice
and increasing levels of awareness around issues of race, history and identity.
Each role will be part time (2 days per week) on a 3 month contract, £300 per day.
This is a unique opportunity to be involved an exciting and high-profile project, we are planning for
successful applicants to start in July.
You will be responsible for working alongside grassroots organisations and inspiring individuals working
in and across communities in a host city. Connecting the themes of The World Reimagined to the
excellent work carried out by organisations across the country.
This role will ensure that those in communities have access to the programme and also that small
community groups are connected to each other and have their work profiled on a national stage.
• Carrying out an initial audit of organisations working to achieve racial justice.
• Liaising with the other five Community Coordinators working in other areas and ensuring a
linked approach to engagement in host cities – to confer on issues, share good practice, and
seek advice or knowledge about specific issues
• Developing trusted and effective relationships with community members and community groups
• Establishing and maintaining relationships with community leaders and with school leaders
• Maintaining an active and engaging social media and communication portal for TWR community
• Actively seek and support creative community-based project ideas.
We will be holding interviews as soon as possible so apply today.
Applications: email@example.com – please add the appropriate reference to your
B1 – Birmingham, BN/SW1V1 – Brighton/London, BS/SA1 – Bristol/Swansea, L/MN1 –
Liverpool/Manchester, LS1 – Leeds