1. To develop a leading inclusivity model for culture
Brighton & Hove to create a best practice co-production model for neighbourhoods, where residents work with their local venues and producers to make and curate work that is open, inclusive and relevant to all.
2. To be the best place in Britain to be a homeworker or creative freelancer
Create an inclusive sector, improve clustering, innovation, capacity for leadership support and density of creative production.
3. To become a Centre of Excellence for the use of culture in promoting wellbeing
Nationally recognised and a city leading by example. Development of a Pay it Forward for Culture initiative linked to social prescribing.
4. To step up as the regional capital of creative productivity and create a robust Public Arts strategy
5. To be an irresistible magnet for creatives, audiences, visitors and investors.
Be the best home for creative Small-Medium Enterprises in the UK. Scale up fusion between cultural and wider creative sectors.
The Cultural Framework ambitions were established via an extensive consultation process across the city. You can read the written documentation produced here.
We recommend ensuring any local funding applications you partake in strongly link to this thinking.